Key topics to keep in mind while applying for Swedish Student Visa:
- Students need to apply for Residence permit to study in Sweden. Schengen Visa is short term Visa lasting 90 days.
- Online Visa account needs to be created.
- The online account is active for 48 hrs. The application needs to be submitted within this time period.
- Visa application fee is approximately INR 12000 (SEK 1500). After submitting an online application, please write an email to Swedish Embassy in New Delhi for an appointment to physically verify the documents.
- Visa processing time is generally between 1-3 months
- SEK 8514/month, (which is equivalent to roughly 70,000 INR x 12), need to be shown during the time of Visa ~ 8 Lacs
- Also need to be paid 1 semester fee as a part of Visa process
- For Online application, original documents need to be scanned and submitted.
- Minimum 6 months passport validity
- The health & travel insurance is usually covered in Admission/offer letter, if not than it has to be taken extra.
- All the relevant certificates & mark-sheets
- Admission letter
- All documents needs to be notarized. No need for Apostle
- IELTS waiver is possible for 4 years Bachelor studies. For others, it is mandatory.
- Minimum 60% aggregate needed in Bachelor studies
- 5-7 backlogs are accepted.
- No distance learning degrees are accepted to apply to Sweden education
- Mathematics as a subject is mandatory to apply for Business management studies at Bachelors level
- Scholarships are available
Stay Back and Spouse Visa
- Sweden provides 1 year PSW regardless of Bachelors or Masters degree
- Child & Spouse Visa could also be simultaneously applied along with Student Visa
- Funds needed for Spouse ~ INR 30,000/month, roughly around 4 Lacs
- Funds needed to be shown for Child ~INR 20000/month, roughly around 2.5 Lacs