Important steps to keep in mind before applying for Irish Visa:
The visa application is submitted online and there is no personal or online interview. The documents need to be submitted to VFS office (and you need to take an appointment to submit these documents). And that is it.
Irish Embassy is in New Delhi and they take 6 weeks to respond. It is advisable to apply at least 3 months in advance.
Initially, the student gets the Visa for 90 days and after Garda registration the visa is extended. The single entry Visa application fee is INR 5000/- plus a service charge to VFS of INR 1700/-
Main Documents Needed:
Apart from your Admission offer letter,
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC Report)
- Mandatory Medical Insurance covering your studies abroad (Indian Providers like Bajaj Allianz or Apollo Munich should be OK)
- One set of documents plus originals
- Minimum 50% of tuition fees paid proof
Education Loan for Ireland: The education Loan cannot be taken more than 50% of the total expenses for studies. For example, if the total study cost for 1 year education in Ireland is Euro 25000 (including tuition fee & living expenses); you cannot take a education loan of more than Euro 12500.
* If you take a Top-up Loan, it should be clearly mentioned that this loan is taken for Educational Purpose.
Sponsors: All kind of Sponsor is OK, blood relations, Uncle & Aunt or even friends. Documents needed in case of Sponsors are:
- 6 months bank statement
- CA Statement
- 3 years ITR
- Bank Balance Certificate
Part-time Jobs and Post Study Work Visa
- Euro 10.10/hour earning for part0time jobs
- Bachelor students get 1 year PSW while Master student gets 2 Year PSW
- Master students can get the PSW extended by another 3 years and post 5 years in total can apply for indefinite Residence & Work permit in Ireland.
- No age limit for students to apply for Irish student Visa.
- A minimum salary of Euro 3500/month qualifies student to apply for Work Permit
- Spouse & Dependent Visa not allowed. Once the Work permit is granted, spouse can join and work as well.
- Visa rejection is possible due to “Genuine Intention of study”.